Tuesday, March 5, 2013

And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress


The hymn How Firm a Foundation is running through my head today. We had a wonderful week. I seriously love Dijon and am so impressed with how much this ward works with the missionaries and how far they have come since I was here at the end of 2011. The combined efforts of many consecrated missionaries and members working together is taking effect and I feel so honored to have another opportunity to serve among these French soldats. The bishop has been seriously going after the less actives. He works a ton, and the Elders were telling us how he sacrificed a bunch of his much earned vacation time to go out and visit these people. Well, it paid off. On Sunday, a man who hasn't been to church in 30 years came for church...and from what he told the Elders, he is making efforts to come back for good. His wife is a saint; she drove me to church my first sunday in France up the huge hill we normally walk. It was beautiful to see her with her husband AND her less active daughter and her grandkids...who lit up when they saw grandpa at church.  A celestial sight. There was another less active family who came to church to bless their baby and we are visiting all these people next week. We are working a ton with another less active family as well, and I just know that the Lord is answering our united prayers of faith with blessings upon these people. by the way members are proposing themselves to come teaching with us.

We are finding lots (including people from when I was here who were since lost), we are smiling lots, we are working lots.

So far we found again the Albanian family I used to teach, and we have a RDV with Abraham, and Giselle who I worked with a ton last year came to church. We are seeing miracles daily. I love love love it here and am so thankful for your prayers. We taught this one person for the first time this week Still no luck with Sonia...but it will happen if the Lord wills it so. I just pray that the Lord may use me as an instrument in His hands to accomplish His will among His precious children here.

There is snow here and it is pretty :)

I know that this is the work of the Lord and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.

LOVE YOU!

Soeur Waldron

No comments:

Post a Comment