Wednesday, February 27, 2013

That's right, I am back in DIJON!!!!!!!

I am amazed at how perfectly the Lord directs His work. It is a delight to be here in the place I began for the last few weeks of this blessed mission: I don’t think I have ever been more motivated to take advantage of this precious time the Lord has given me!

If you remember back to the early emails, you will remember Sonya. She is lovely, but something happened right before we left for Montpellier and she just stopped talking to us. I remember being so heartbroken. So, the first thing I do upon arriving last night? Whip out the area book and find her teaching record....as well as all of our other old amis :) Sr. Madsen’s distinctive handwriting makes it easy to find our records haha. Sonya lives like right behind us, and today we have already gone over to ring the doorbell twice....(each time I feel super nervous like I am asking a boy to prom or something) but I believe she has school during the day. I remember joking with Sr Madsen about coming back here to end my mission and finding her again and here I am!!!! so much nervous excitement! It’s great!

It still hasn’t really occurred to me that I won’t be going back to Bordeaux....seven months is long enough to call a place home. My last week was wonderful, and it was kind of a weird tender mercy but I was really sick with a cold and that helped me not be so sad because I was just all congested and out of it haha so I just enjoyed my last precious moments with all those people I love and then spent many hours on trains. I SAW SR BICCHIERRI AT THE GARE!!!!!!!!!!!! She is all grown up and training now. I about died of joy when I saw her beautiful face...that sister changed my life. Missions are so great!!!

We also had that all day of finding::::thanks for your prayers!!! we enjoyed a special spirit that day. We are having so many miracles in this land!!! so last year the average number of ppl at Sacrament meeting was like 85 or 90 I would guess.....and last week we were 120!!!!!! our mission goal is to increase attendance by 1000 ppl by remotivating a less active person and finding a person who will be likely baptized one day per companionship per transfer. we can do it! I love this city because it forces you to create something out of nothing and really put your faith to the test. These next weeks are gonna be awesome

I know the gospel is true and that the Savior lives!

LOVE YOU!!!! Hooorrrah for Israel!!!!!

Soeur Waldron

No comments:

Post a Comment