Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Testimony


HELLO ONE AND ALL!
Today it is the fault of the silly french computer keyboards that my email is short.
We had a wonderful week. I feel super close to the Lord and I know He loves me and is helping me repent and improve and bring about miracles in mylife and in the lives of others.
Carmelle is getting baptized on the 9th. HALLELUJAH! She has been my ami since my 2nd transfer here so Septmber, and she is a miracle. She needs our prayers. I wish I could tell youallthe wonderous blessings we have had.
I know that God lives. I have a testimony that keeping His commandments is the only way to a life of peace. I know that the commandments are not super popular, and its hard to keep them because EVERYONE sins around us. Its incredible! Its kind of shocking. And when I consider that the Savior suffered for all of that, I am rendered incapable to comprehend the extend of His love and mercy. I know that we can be forgiven of sin. Its not super easy, but it feels super good. I know that the word of wisdom is important for our day. I know that the law of chastity is essential for the family to be protected and living it is a vital part of qualifying to enjoy loving relationships in the eternities. Its so important.
Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.
Anyway, I love you and I love the gospel I am happy to be a missionary France is great and I am staying warm-ish :-]
BISOUS!
Soeur Waldron

Our Father in Heaven is a God of miracles. If I could, I would tell you all of the incredible tender mercies he has accorded us this week, but this little note will have to suffice.
My new companion's name is Soeur Kofoed. She is from Bountiful, UT, and loves to sing and to talk to people and to meed new people and make them smile and tell them about the Savior. I feel spoiled getting to spend ANOTHER transfer in one of the most coveted villes in the mission with such a wonderful companion. We have a lot of fun and  see lots of miracles, and she is helping me become a better person. LIFE IS GOOD!
We have witnessed so many miracles with Carmelle, it is so wonderful and so sacred to see it all unfold. We spend a lot of time with her, she even comes to RDV's with us from time to time. The members adore her and she is so happy she can hardly go five minutes without saying 'je suis trop contente!' (I am too happy) or telling us another reason why she is grateful or another blessing she has recognized from the hand of the Lord. Her life is a miracle and she recognizes the tiniest things as blessings from heaven. Its incredible to see the mighty change she is going through, and its because she reads the Book of Mormon, prays, comes to church, and acts in faith. She has been through so much to get to this point. Wow. I can't wait for her baptism, and I am sure it will happen really soon.
We had a new ami last week that was a referral from a WONDERFUL member. We were all a little sad to hear that he had gotten into anti-mormon material online, and his hopeful view of the restored gospel was dissuaded by the evil philosophies of men. It was a special moment this morning to counsel this good member and congratulate her for her goodness and to remind her that nothing can stop the work of the Lord and that the power of His Spirit is far greater than the intillect of men. I know that if our friend will choose to pray, and to seek God through the Holy Scriptures and worship, He will have the spiritual experiences he needs to keep the faith in a world of confusion.
What can I tell you in a few moment's time?
I love you. I love the gospel. I know that in our darkest moments, the light of the love of God can shine even brighter and fill our sould with goodness. I know that I am nothing without the Savior. I can't do anything good without Him. May we all keep our eyes ever fixed upon Him.
Love!Soeur Waldron

No comments:

Post a Comment